Adding Machine Universal: 10 Key Calc behaves like a true ’10 Key’ or ‘printing calculator’ such as those made by Monroe, Casio, Sharp and others. A total is obtained by pressing the asterisk (*), operator entry is reversed, and percentages are obtained by multiplying and adding to a stream of numbers. PLEASE SEE THE 1ST FAQ BELOW.
This universal version works with both iPhone and iPad. The iPad version features a full sized (1:1) keypad with TypeTone, a unique audio aid to help guide your finger back to the center of a key. The total (*) key (iPad or iPhone) can be on either the left or right side (Sharp or Canon style).
Also. Review & edit numbers, add or delete lines. Save & retrieve paper tape files. Export paper tape files to iBooks©, Dropbox©, Email or your favorite printing utility (see the FAQs).
Try before you buy. Find our ‘Adding Machine Universal: Free’ by Richard Silverman in the App Store.
==== Recent Press =====
Currently featured in iTunes “What’s Hot” in the Finance Category.
Strategic Finance (Tools of the Trade): “If you’re looking for a professional desk calculator that can give you full 10-key accounting functions with a tape you can name and save, edit, e-mail, or print, check out Interlocken’s 10 Key for iPad.”
● Behaves the same as a ’10 Key’ adding machine.
● Export a PDF file to iBooks©, DropBox©, Email, or your favorite printing utility.
● TypeTone – a major innovation to aid accurate key entry using audio feedback (iPad version).
● Full size (1:1) keyboard (iPad version).
● Select from a menu of keypad sounds.
● 400 lines of paper tape history.
● 3 display formats: fixed, fix+, float
● Save paper tapes to disk for later use.
● Correct numbers, add comments, add/delete lines
● Use your voice to dictate comments (iOS 7 and greater)
● Two keypads offer the ‘total’ key on the left or right (Sharp or Canon style)
● Comprehensive set of help screens.
● 4 Orientations: Landscape Left/Right + Portrait (iPad version)
● International number formatting (Settings -> General -> International -> Region Format -> select region).
Q1. What is the difference between this App, ‘Adding Machine Universal: 10 Key Calc’, and ‘Accountant Universal for iPad’ in the App. Store.?
A1. Both calculators are single-column adding machines or calculators with full-size (1:1) keypads and are optimized for the iPad User Interface. ’10 Key’ behaves the same as a 10 Key Adding Machine with reversed operator entry while ‘Accountant Calc’ supports the free chaining of +, -, x, /, %, √, 1/x and is easier to use if you are not familiar with how a ’10-key’ works.
Q2. Can I touch-type?
A2. The iPad version comes as close to touch-typing as a touch-screen can be. v2.1 introduces TypeTone. With TypeTone, a key will guide your finger back to the center of a key with an audio tone.
Q3. How can I edit an incorrect number or add & delete lines from the paper tape?
A3. Touch any line of the paper tape to go into edit mode. Touch the side controls: Add Line, Delete Line. You can also edit numbers, split Add/Sub or Mul/Div groups. Press Done to return to Calculator mode.
Q5. Tell me about Email, Printing, and Exporting a Paper Tape.
A5. From the Export dialog, select from: Email, Print, Copy or Open-In. Email includes a pdf attachment. Print requires an AirPrint capable printer. Open-In will cause a menu of 3rd party Apps to appear that can receive a hardcopy of your paper tape; for example, iBooks, DropBox, and 3rd party printer Apps for Brother, HP, Epson, Canon and more. With these print directly to a network reachable printer (even if it is NOT AirPrint capable).